Wednesday, December 26, 2018

To start off with . . . . . . .

Hello,
Welcome to my newly created blog!! I have wanted to start this for a while now, and so this year I asked my awesomely creative, computer mega-savvy daughter Riley to help me set this up for a Christmas present. She is here with us in Florida for Christmas break from Massachusetts, and I figured this is a gift she doesn't have to check (and pay $$$$$$) at the airport.  Thank you Riley!!

My husband and I moved here to Melbourne, FL in June 2017 - we relocated due to his job - after living in Maine and NH our entire lives.  We have 2 girls; Riley who is living and working in MA, and Lindsey has been living and working in SC for about 8 years.  It was hard (for me) at first with moving and finding work, and I was very surprised that I had as hard of a time as I did.  A lot of anxiety and guilty about leaving - selling my kids' childhood home, leaving my job, moving our older dogs to a new place without as much roaming area.  But everyone else has been thrilled for us, including our kids who love our new home and area (pool, close to beaches, no snow in Dec., etc.) and my mother who spent the majority of the winter months with us last year and is due to arrive in a few days to stay with us again!

I am working 4 days per week at a dental office doing reception/admin work.   That leaves 3 days for me to swim (beach or pool, love 'em both), run, work on crafts (knitting, sewing, painting, wood crafts, this has been an amazing outlet for me), and take care of stuff around the house.  My husband does have a good job, and he is very good at what he does, but man does he put in the hours!!  We do try to make his off hours as enjoyable as possible, and Florida definitely offers an easier lifestyle than NH.  We loved NH, but it has been much easier here in the fall with no massive leaf cleanup, house winterizing, and the winter with no snow removal, slip and fall ice around the doorsteps, driving in the snow (well, maybe driving is still somewhat hazardous in Florida!!).  Guess it was always the plan to eventually move south, just did it a few years sooner than planned.

So anyway, my goal for this blog is running/triathlon info, my craft projects/inspirations/goals, and (a big goal), become more computer savvy along the way.  I have kept a written journal for a long time, but there is soooooooooooooooo much you can do with the computer amirite???  And I will have my daughter on speed dial at all times . . . . . . . .

Thanks for reading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Always here if you need help!! Excited to read all of your blog posts!!

    ReplyDelete