Wednesday, March 27, 2019

A little break, but that's ok

So been awol for a bit, but wowza life gets in the way sometimes.  We have had a lot of visitors in the last 3+ months and while entertaining and working, well it just happens.  We had a lot of fun, but now can catch my breath a bit and update.

I want to thank my awesome daughter Riley again for helping me set this blog up.  This is something I've wanted to do for a long time for a couple of reasons - one is to get stuff written down because life goes by so fast that the moments do get forgotten.  I am a big "stay in the moment" kind of person, but with the journaling I have done over the last 10 years or so, I can't believe the stuff that has happened and I wrote down, but had no recall until I read the journal again!  The second reason is to become more tech savvy.  Want to do the photo thing, the craft record thing, the putting myself out there kinda thing!!  Riley, you are on standby!!

So to catch up, THE PATS WON THE SUPERBOWL!!!  My mom was here with us up until about 2 weeks ago, so she had to go through our ups and downs with the playoff games.  We set up our Patriots shrine as we have done for the last 4 Patriots Super Bowls.  We had a little mexican buffet with drinks, and after the win, Dave and I jumped in the pool screaming our heads off!!!  Sorry neighborhood!  But whodathunkit???

Like I said, my mother was here from beginning of Jan to about 2 weeks ago, my girls and Cassie came down in Feb for the Publix Marathon (done in the pouring rain, GREAT JOB, LADIES!), Keith and Sara Robinson came down for a weekend (of serious partying, nuf said), and the day Mom left, Mikala and her boyfriend Nate came down for a week to play in Florida.  Lots of fun, but now me and the boy can settle down a bit - back to our normal boring selves (YAY!!!).

Still doing the dental office thing, Dave still Macking it.  Hey it pays the bills.  We gotta get our training going again (mostly me!) races coming up next week and a couple in May, including the triathlon.  I finished the baby blanket I started in 2015 for a co-workers baby who is now almost 3, we made a couple batches of strawberry jam, did a lot of cooking, but a lot of going out to eat too.  Definitely taking a break from that for a while. 

So kinda caught up - next up is the training plan going forward - if you write it down it will get done, right???

No comments:

Post a Comment